Home Oxygen therapy is to correct the patient’s hypoxemia and break the hypoxic state by inhaling oxygen, thereby improving the patient’s living ability and activity tolerance, and reducing the related symptoms of hypoxia, including shortness of breath, fatigue, and lack of energy etc. It also helps to relieve pulmonary vasospasm, improves hyperviscosity, slow down the deterioration of lung function, reduce pulmonary artery pressure, and delay the progression of pulmonary heart disease. Thereby it can effectively improve the survival rate of patients, improve the quality of life, and improve the mental state.
We believe you are not unfamiliar with home oxygen therapy. Today, Longfian will introduce the knowledge of long-term oxygen therapy at home. What is long-term home oxygen therapy? Long-term home oxygen therapy means that patients need long-term low-flow oxygen in their daily lives, and use oxygen continuously for no less than 15 hours a day for more than 6 months.
Who needs long-term home oxygen therapy?
- Patients with COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease);
- Patients with acute and chronic respiratory failure caused by various reasons;
- Patients with cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases, such as coronary heart disease and angina;
- Patients with chronic respiratory insufficiency.
What are the benefits of long-term home oxygen therapy?
- Relieve the symptoms of hypoxemia;
- Reduce pulmonary hypertension and delay heart failure;
- Contribute to pulmonary rehabilitation,reduce the number of hospitalizations, and save medical expenses;
- Improve the quality of life.
Now, let’s talk about the selection and correct use of different oxygen therapy devices.
- Current status of oxygen therapy:
(1) Oxygen therapy is one of the most common clinical treatments.
(2) Purpose of oxygen therapy: fully supply oxygen, reduce the workload of the heart and lungs, and improve the symptoms of hypoxia.
(3)Household oxygen concentrators produce purely physical oxygen, that’s suitable for long-term oxygen inhalation at home.
(4)The flow rate of the household oxygen concentrator is more than 3 liters.
- Correct Principle of Oxygen Therapy:
Choose a medical-grade intelligent safety monitoring system oxygen concentrator that can produce the therapeutic oxygen flow. Medical molecular sieve oxygen concentrators belong to category II medical equipment. The national standard is commonly known as 93 grade medical oxygen. The required oxygen concentration (oxygen concentration at the outlet of the oxygen concentrator) is 93%±3%, and the outlet pressure is 0.04--0.07Mpa. It is suitable for long-term home oxygen therapy for patients. The central oxygen supply/oxygen cylinder of the hospital is pure oxygen, the outlet oxygen concentration is 99.99%, and the outlet pressure is above 0.1Mpa, which is not suitable for long-term home oxygen therapy.
Correct oxygen therapy focuses on achieving the goal of oxygen therapy. However, the choice of a suitable oxygen concentrator can not only ensure the goal of oxygen therapy, but also take into account the comfort of the patient. So, how should we choose an oxygen concentrator? What kind of oxygen concentrator can quickly and correctly achieve the effect of oxygen therapy? Here we have to mention the LONGFIAN Oxygen Concentrator!
According to national safety standards and international quality standards, it is recommended that every user who uses an oxygen concentrator for oxygen therapy and oxygen health care should purchase an oxygen concentrator with the following standards:
- Products should fully implement national safety standards;
- The product should be fully equipped with automatic oxygen concentration monitoring;
- The product can run continuously for a long time and the oxygen concentration has no attenuation;
- The manufacturer should have international standard quality system control procedures;
- After-sales service should be timely and maintenance costs should be affordable.